Our latest version of our iPad File Manager, GoAruna Files for iPad was approved and now available from the iPad app store (iTunes).
In this version v1.0.6, we have added three new ways to get files to and from your iPad.
1. Upload by Email. You now have a unique GoAruna “upload by email address”. You can send a file as an email attachment to this address and it will be automatically sent to your GoAruna Inbox. You then can access the file from any device. We suggest that you save this address in your address books on all of your devices and computers, then you can quickly upload files just by sending an email from any working email account on any device.
2. Download by URL. If you know the exact URL for a file on the Internet, you can use this function to download it to your iPad by just entering the URL.
3. Browse to download. Currently, the built-in iPad browser, Safari, does not allow downloads. With GoAruna Browse to Download, you have a special browser that WILL allow downloads from any web site. Just as you would on your desktop, browse to the page and click the file that you want to download. The file will be downloaded to your iPad.
We have also simplified the menu for you. Now you will have a “Transfers” section in the main menu. Here you can easily access several download and upload functions that GoAruna for iPad has to offer. We will be adding and improving this section more in the coming months.
Folders. Finally, you can now organize your iPad files within GoAruna by creating folders and then copying and moving files around as you wish.
1. Now you can save video from GoAruna to your iPad Photo Library
2. Upload video clips to GoAruna from iPad Photo Library. If you have videos saved in your iPad Photo Library, you can now select portions of video (or clips) and upload the new shorter clip to your GoAruna Online Storage. Note, that apps do not have access to the iPad Video Library, so you can only do this if you save your video to the Photo Library.
This release also brings improved image thumbnail logic and display and also an improved information section.
We hope you find these improvements useful!
Tomorrow, May 28, 2010 is an exciting day for many. Apple will be releasing iPad to 8 more countries tomorrow and we welcome all you new iPad users to try GoAruna. We want you to be able to manage your iPad files in your language. GoAruna Files for iPad is already available for you in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish.
Download the GoAruna Files for iPad file manager from iTunes.
GoAruna Files for iPad information and features page.
iPad file management – frequently asked questions (FAQ)